KOS PRO TOUR 2012
The KOS ProTour 2012 is the gateway to the grandest stage of Philippine online gaming: Level Up! Live 2012. This tournament spans 8 regions throughout the country and will give aspiring FPS (First Person Shooter) teams the chance to claim the title of K.O.S. ProTour 2012 champion!
Prepare your team now and prove your worth to become one of the 2 teams that will be competing at Level Up! Live 2012!
Tournament Schedule & Locations
- On-ground Tournament for Regional Contenders – REGIONAL
- March 17 – Marikina
- June 16 – Zamboanga
- June 16 – Pampanga
- June 23 – Laoag
- June 23 – Cavite
- June 30 – Cebu
- July 7 – Tacloban
- July 14 – Batangas
- July 14 – Tuguegarao
- July 21 – Davao
- July 28 – Baguio
- July 28 – Iloilo
- August 4 – Bacolod
- August 11 – CDO
- August 11 – Iligan
- August 18 – Cubao
- Submission period:
- June 7 – June 13 : Zamboanga, Pampanga
- June 14 – June 20 : Cavite, Laoag
- June 21 – June 27 : Cebu
- June 28 – July 4 : Tacloban
- July 5 – July 11 : Batangas, Tuguegarao
- July 12 – July 18 : Davao
- July 19 – July 25 : Iloilo, Baguio
- July 26 – August 1 : Bacolod
- August 2 – August 8 : Cagayan de Oro, Iligan
- August 9 – August 15 : Cubao
- Online Tournament for the 16 Regional Champions – ONLINE
- September 8 – Luzon 1 and Luzon 2 Elimination rounds
- September 9 – Visayas and Mindanao Elimination rounds
- September 15 – Semi final rounds
- KOS PRO Tour Championship 2012 – LU! Live 2012, World Trade Center, Pasay City
- November 3 and 4, 2012
- Café Locations and dates are subject to change without prior notice. Please check this schedule every now and then.
- The ProTour Regionals is open to all registered K.O.S. Philippines players.
- Participating teams must consist of 5 members.
- Participants can use any available item mall items such as Tacpacks, Lottery Items, weapons and armors available during that week of the tournament.
- A Team (or character) may compete in as many regional legs of the tournament as they can. However, once they become the champion in any of the regional areas, they can no longer join in any future regional legs of K.O.S. ProTour 2012 Tournament.
- Show up at the designated venue on the specified date of the tournament.
- Registration forms are available online. “CLICK ME FOR THE FORM“
- This is a first come first serve basis.
- Players must complete the form and email it to GM Xairam at email@example.com with the subject KOS Pro-Tour 2012. We will announce the date on when the players are allowed to email their entries.
- All players regardless of what city/town they reside in are allowed to register.
- Each team must present unused LU! cards amounting to a total of Php 500 LU load upon registration on the actual tournament day.
- Php250 LU load will be returned to each team. Php250 LU load will be added to the pot load. The pot load will be used as prize for the champion team and runner up team.
- Maximum of 32 teams per leg
- Standby for the briefing and wait for your turn at the tournament.
- Form a team of 5 members. Your team may join as many regional tournaments as you can, provided that you have not won in any of the previous legs. If in case you win in 1 regional leg, you are no longer eligible to join the succeeding ones. Instead, you will move on to the next round of the competition.
- Each area leg will have 32 slots open for competing teams. Each slot is equivalent to 1 team.
- When the 16 area representatives are determined, they will then battle it out in an online tournament, where the top two teams will face each other at the K.O.S. ProTour 2012 Finals at Level Up! Live 2012.
Note: The K.O.S. ProTour 2012 Tournament Committee will coordinate with the regional champions so that in an online tournament day, there will be a Level Up! representative that will watch each team as they play in a café of their choice in order to physically monitor the tournament. There will be K.O.S. GMs who will monitor and run the tournament online as well.
- Teams must designate a Team Captain who will handle all decisions for the team. Field Marshals will consider decisions made by the team captain as final for the entire team.
- Pilots are not allowed
- Each team shall consist of 5 members.
- Teams must be present and complete by the time their match schedule starts.
- Setup period is STRICTLY 5 minutes ONLY.
- Players may change the keyboard configuration, weapon handedness, and mouse sensitivity.
- Players may select their primary weapons and backpack alternate weapons.
- Players may purchase any weapon that isn’t already owned by the character and use that as their primary and/or alternate weapon.
- Players may not change their class nor delete/create characters.
- Players may bring their own keyboard, mouse, and/or headset for the tournament.
- The café management per location has the right to refuse participants from changing the PC settings, or not allow participants to use a contestant’s hardware. In that case, participants will have to make do with only the settings that can be changed.
- Players who fail to take advantage of the 5 minute setup time must begin playing with whatever configuration and character setup they are left with. No time extension for the setup will be given.
- If teams are incomplete by the end of the setup period the team with the most members will automatically win.
- A toss coin will settle which team will be on which side for the first set (red or blue). This will be the only time a toss coin will be used to determine sides. Winner of the toss coin will also choose what map to use for that match.
- If a player gets disconnected, the game will still continue, and the disconnected player must log back in again as soon as possible. If an entire team gets disconnected, the opposing team will automatically win.
- If both teams get disconnected, the following rules will apply:
- If the disconnection occurred within the first 5 minutes of the game, the entire match will be restarted.
- If the disconnection occurred after the first 5 minutes of the game, the team who has the most points before the disconnection will be considered the winner of that set.
- Technical issues encountered during the event will be assessed by the Field Marshal(s). Only major technical problems will merit game suspension and/or restart at the discretion of the Field Marshal.
- Matches and the tournament tree will be randomly generated. Eliminations will be a SINGLE knockout.
- Eliminations – 2 matches (plus 1 match for Tie Breaker if needed)
- Finals – 4 matches (plus 1 match for Tie Breaker if needed)
- We will be applying the Performance Base Running Score – This is simply a running score wherein team’s goal is to outperform each other by scores. The team with the most round wins after two matches (for elimination) or four matches (for finals) will be the winner of the battle.
- Match Format: Bombing
- Room Settings: Round Count: 7 rounds, 2 mins/round. Team switch per set. “Indicate enemies” option turned OFF
- We will be using Dust Original, Missile Storm, Eradicate and Fire Cage maps.
Semi Final Rounds
Final Round – LU Live 2012
Player Responsibilities and Grounds for Disqualification
- Participants must follow the rules interpretations and guidelines set forth by the K.O.S. ProTour 2012 Tournament Committee, the Tournament Director, the head judge, and other tournament officials.
- Intentional disconnection (ALT F4/Manual DC) will lead to the forfeiture of the match.
- It is the responsibility of the team to assure / check their internet connection’s performance. Any disconnections due to connection failure / lag or latency will not re-start the match.
- Players are expected to behave in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner at all times.
- Players who argue with or fail to follow the instructions of the Tournament Director, head judge or other tournament officials are subject to the appropriate penalties as dictated by the severity of the case.
- Level Up! and/or officials of the K.O.S. ProTour 2012 Tournament Committee shall reserve the right to suspend or ban a player or clan without prior notice for any reason deemed necessary.
- The decision of the Referees, Game Masters, and tournament officials ARE FINAL.
- Employees, suppliers and service providers of Level Up, Inc. and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity are disqualified from joining any stage, including the finals, of K.O.S. ProTour 2012. This also includes the use of characters they own and accounts they maintain.
- Finalists are required to submit the following on or before October 5, 2012. The KOS team will be sending this forms to the team captain’s email:
- Copy of Valid I.D. with age and picture
- Parental Consent Form
- Bank Account Number
- This will be use for cash prize deposits
- Teams can use one bank account, for as long as they all agreed and will give us a Team Bank Waiver Form Agreement.
Prizes- Regional Winners
Area Champions total of 16 teams, 80 players
- Weapon of Choice (Pinas Versions: Micro Tavor, Remington, AWP and AK47) 30 days
- Champion Mask (Pinas Mask 30 days)
Regional Champions 4 teams, 20 players
- Champion Mask (Pinas Mask) 1 year duration
- Champion Armor (Pinas Armor) 1 year duration
- Weapon of Choice (Pinas Versions X1: Micro Tavor, Remington, AWP and AK47) 1 year duration
- Weapon of Choice with encrypted Team Name
- (Pinas Versions X2: Micro Tavor, Remington, AWP and AK47) 1 year duration
- Champions Armor with encrypted “2012 Champions” duration 1 year
- Champions Mask duration 1 year
- Consolation Armor duration 1 year
- Consolation Mask duration 1 year
You may contact [CM]Xairam regarding any matter concerning the tournament via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per DTI-NCR Permit No. 5236 Series of 2012.